Monday, January 7, 2013

Family Trees

Almost two months ago, my lovely wife, son, sister-in-law and her two children, along with two dogs boarded the pick-up and headed south on a road trip.  The destination was a Healing of the Family Tree Mass.  I've been on several pilgrimages and this trip, in many ways, reminded me of such an endeavor.

A few weeks went by and then it began.
This past weekend I witnessed some of that healing.

I liken a family tree to the living and the dead.
And, not to be crass but it really is like a tree---on top of the ground are the living members and under the ground--those gone before us (not that roots are dead...but you get my point)  We are all connected.

Chances are you have prayed for a family member today.  And if not--you should.
Whether they be living or dead--pray.
And throw in a fast.
And a confession.
And offer a Mass.