Sunday, December 16, 2012

Stages of Life

(Prior to the post "DON'T Worry" (see below)  I was writing this post.  I planned on working on it later in the day.  I never finished it....but find it interesting where it was headed considering the horrible evil event of the school shooting...)


For years my family and I have been frequenting the Dobbin House Tavern in Gettysburg, Pa.  Just a few weeks ago, in the midst of a family road trip to a Healing of the family tree Mass--we took a detour and found ourselves once again sitting on a worn bench next to a stone foundation and fireplace.  The ice cold brew, family, and food was great.  We laughed and laughed and laughed.
Part of my tavern tradition (more out of necessity) is to use the facilities, where, hanging on the wall is a certain colonial print describing the stages in a man's life.
I have stood and looked at the print for close to 35 some years.
And it is pretty much spot on.
Now I am at the stage where I am considered learned and wise---having moved on from the rebel and romancer.
So here is my learned and wise commentary for the day...

The world is in moral decay.  You can't even do a search on the internet.  Moral relativism is in charge--not God.  Anything goes and if you don't like it--tough.
Evil is actively sought, engaged, and allowed.
If you take a stand--you are out of touch or an old fart.  Teachers are afraid to teach or simply don't know how.
Why even take a stand?  I mean life is wonderful.  No sin right?
How many times a day do you encounter God being ignored?--even in the church!?......