Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Getting There


I recently spent some time at a Catholic Marketing Network Conference--via the hospitality of New Hope Press publishers of my book, A Lost Shepherd.

I was a fish out of water.  I had no idea that there was such a thing as 'catholic marketing' let alone an annual conference.
In the middle of the garden state convention center was a gathering of publishers, vendors, and authors.  It was a home show for anything 'catholic'.  There were little light up ornaments, and thousand dollar icons, there were books and pamphlets and even a promotion for fasting bread (which, by the way was incredible).  I spent two days standing at a booth and taking an occasional meander through the center--amazed at the amount of stuff that is, in the end, supposed to bring us closer to God. 

Ah, the soul's journey to its Creator.
That's, after all, what it is all about, isn't it?

And all the stuff is supposed to help us get 'there'. 

I wonder if one of the disciples like John or Peter would have walked through the convention--what would they have been attracted to?