Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Novenas

We are getting ready for a pilgrimage to Medjugorje and praying hard.

As a family we began the 33 Day Consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary according to St. Louis de Montfort and we are in the middle of the prayers.  I understand a few others have accepted the invitation and am glad they are on their knees.  I first prayed de Montfort's prayers years ago and ended up returning to the Roman Catholic Church.


Now, in a few days, the pilgrimage group will begin the Holy Spirit Novena, a very powerful prayer.  


This morning my son and I began another novena.
Now, years ago, as a young priest brought up and formed in the faith era of ennegrams and beating drums and guitars--I would have suggested that one novena was too much let alone starting having a couple going at once.
But I was stupid.
Anyways this new novena is a little different.
My son and I are running for nine straight days. We began this morning's early morning run and I lost him after the first Hail Mary.
He finished, then came back to get me.


Didn't St. Paul say something about running the race?